Imagine that six blind men encounter an elephant for the first time … One blind man bumps into the leg of the elephant, feeling it carefully… Another blind man bumps into the trunk of the elephant which is swaying around and groping in his pocket looking for food … Another blind man bumps into the elephant’s tail… which is hanging limply down from above, and he carefully feels the tail … Another blind man bumps into the side of the elephant, and feels it… Another blind man groping around, feels an ear of the elephant, which the elephant is flapping back and forth… the last blind man bumps into one of the elephants tusks, feeling the sharp point of the tusk… Later, they are discussing their experience of feeling an elephant … The first blind man says, “An elephant is like a tree trunk growing up out of the ground” …“The second blind man says, “no, no, an elephant is not like a tree trunk, an elephant is like a big snake, twisting and moving around” … The third blind man says, ” No, an elephant is not like a tree or snake, an elephant is like a thick rope hanging down from above !” … The fourth blind man say, “no, an elephant is like a wall”… the fifth blind man says,”you are all wrong, an elephant is like a fan flapping back and forth”… and the last blind man says, “it is not like any of those things, “It is like a spear with a sharp point”… Each one knows what he experienced and to him that is the “truth”, so each blind man is convinced that he is “right”, and the other five are “wrong” … These rational blind men will easily conclude that an elephant cannot be “a tree”, “a wiggling snake”, “a rope hanging down”, “a wall”, a “flapping fan”, and a sharp spear”, all at the same time … If each of these blind men were a “prophet”, and the elephant were the “God concept”, each would found a different religion based on his own experience … Each would espouse a seemingly different God concept, which each would claim to be true … The six concepts (the leg, the trunk, the tail, the side, the ear, and the tusk of the elephant) would seem to be six totally different contradictory ideas … But if they could “see” the whole elephant they would realize that there was no contradiction … Each had experienced a detail of the total elephant …But each had missed the concept of “ELEPHANT” completely … In this way, each was true, and yet each was also false.
search this site
We welcome and are open to all that want to share with others on a spiritual level. Please feel free to comment on any published article or leave a message in our guest book.
Our mission here at Mediums World is to inform, inspire and empower people to be their best, both personally and professionally. We rarely tell you what to do. Our intention is to give you tools, information, share ideas and help you have more insight so you can make better choices.
- actions Advice Alternative Anger Arts beauty belief believe change Child choice Christmas Consciousness Decision making dream earth Emotion energy Energy Healing experience Family Fear Forgiveness friendship future god happiness Health Higher Self Home human Jesus Law of Attraction Learning life love meditation mediumship Mental Health mind New Age pain Paranormal Parent peace people person Philosophy Physical body power prayer Psychic Psychology relationship Relationships Religion & Spirituality Religion and Spirituality resentment Romance Self-esteem self-help Self control soul spirit Spiritual Spiritual Growth Spirituality stress Subconscious Thought trust truth Understanding universe world
Top Posts & Pages
- Warding Off Negative Influences - How To Keep Your Aura Strong
- Seven steps to reduce your ego,
- Quantum Physics and Energy Healing
- Lying Hurts The Liar
- Spiritual Vampires
- Psychic, Intuitive, Channel, Medium... What's the difference?
- A-z Healing Benefits of Crystal and Stones
- Words, Trust and Relationships
- Negative people August 20, 2013 Stephen Robinson
- How people treat you August 18, 2013 Stephen Robinson
- Being Realistic is awesome’ I found a pot of gold. July 21, 2013 Joanne Wellington
- 376,215 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.