Posts Tagged help
How many times do you think about someone you have not seen for years and they suddenly contact you?
How many times do you ring someone only for them to say they were just about to ring you?
How many times do you pick up on what others are thinking?
Or does someone else say what you are thinking?
Thoughts are the most powerful energy that we have. Every time we have a thought we are sending out a message to the universe saying this is what we would like to happen. That is why it is so important to think positive thoughts.
There is a saying that ‘like attracts like’. Nowhere is this more true that in our thoughts. Positive thoughts attract positive energy. Unfortunately the reverse is also true. Negative thoughts attract negative energy. Every time you worry or visualise something terrible happening you are sending out a message saying that this is what you would like to happen. We also need to look at the way we phrase our thoughts and how we ask for help. If you ask for help you will always get it but you do need to be careful what you are asking for.
How many times do we say ‘give me strength’ when things are difficult?
The problem with this is that you only become stronger by dealing with situations that make you strong. So asking for strength is like asking for all sorts of difficult situations and experiences that will literally ‘give you strength’!
It is also pointless saying you ‘want’ to lose weight. Saying you ‘want’ something just gives you the experience of ‘wanting’. You have to say ‘I choose’. But be careful how you use the word ‘choose’. All choices have consequences and if you are not specific you may get what you asked for but not in the way you meant!
For example: If you say ‘I choose to lose weight’ you have to make it clear that you mean through willpower, exercise and healthy eating otherwise you may find that you have a load of emotional or physical problems that result in you losing weight! Another example of not thinking choices through is mankind’s desire to control the planet and its weather. We are now at the point where our life styles, industries and technologies do exactly that, but presumably the mess the planet is in is not what we intended! So, we should always choose with care.
However, it is not all bad news.
Saying ‘I choose to improve the world in which I am living’ could change your life in so many ways that you will look back on that moment as the defining moment when your life changed for the better. Why not try it and see!
Written by Joanne Wellington
One of the greatest dangers in the field of personal development and self help is to believe that someone other than “you” yourself has the answer to YOUR happiness, enlightenment and freedom…
search this site
We welcome and are open to all that want to share with others on a spiritual level. Please feel free to comment on any published article or leave a message in our guest book.
Our mission here at Mediums World is to inform, inspire and empower people to be their best, both personally and professionally. We rarely tell you what to do. Our intention is to give you tools, information, share ideas and help you have more insight so you can make better choices.
August 2018 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- actions Advice Alternative Anger Arts beauty belief believe change Child choice Christmas Consciousness Decision making dream earth Emotion energy Energy Healing experience Family Fear Forgiveness friendship future god happiness Health Higher Self Home human Jesus Law of Attraction Learning life love meditation mediumship Mental Health mind New Age pain Paranormal Parent peace people person Philosophy Physical body power prayer Psychic Psychology relationship Relationships Religion & Spirituality Religion and Spirituality resentment Romance Self-esteem self-help Self control soul spirit Spiritual Spiritual Growth Spirituality stress Subconscious Thought trust truth Understanding universe world
Top Posts & Pages
- Negative people August 20, 2013 Stephen Robinson
- How people treat you August 18, 2013 Stephen Robinson
- Being Realistic is awesome’ I found a pot of gold. July 21, 2013 Joanne Wellington
- Kofi Annan death: World leaders honour former UN chief August 18, 2018
- Kerala floods: Troops rush in to help rescue efforts August 18, 2018
- Public 'back' taxes to tackle single-use plastic waste August 18, 2018
- 409,151 hits